Wednesday

Addendum to Saratoga Springs

In our haste, we forgot to mention one very important fact about Saratoga Springs. Michael's sister Amy, gently reminded us this morning with this post:

I'm quite surprised that you, my dear brother, failed to mention that your fabulous sister won $11 and some change while she was at the races years and years ago in Saratoga Springs. [Our host] told me that that was great - but I didn't believe him, I knew he was making fun of me - but for a not-even-yet-teenage-girl, $11 ain't no chump change.

love you both,
a


Yes, Michael's family attended the races at Saratoga Springs in 1986, where they saw the indomitable Lady's Secret beat the boys in the Whitney Stakes on her way to Horse of the Year. Michael was not as lucky as his sister and lost the $2 he wagered on every race that year, but he was still very happy to return to this magical place. If only it were August.